Since Christmas is all about sharing and enjoying I am sharing a quick recipe for all of you. Chocolate-Orange Biscuit Cake. This cake is very easy to prepare and requires no baking in the oven. You can simply steam it and have it!! And yes, it's totally Vegetarian, without eggs.
A simple easy to prepare recipe to enjoy in the festive season.
1. Parle G- 20 biscuits.
2. Hide & Seek- 10 biscuits.
3. Cocoa Powder.
5. Lukewarm Milk.
6. Baking Soda.
1. Grind the Parle G and Hide & Seek biscuits separately in the grinder/mixie.
2. Powder the sugar.
3. Mix it well in a bowl.
4. Add milk according to quantity. Batter should not be very thick or thin just right.
5. Beat and mix the paste well. Don't beat it too much. The batter should flow like a ribbon.
6. Add a pinch or two of baking soda and let the batter sit for few minutes till you find pores in the batter rising.
6. Heat a pan. Pour batter in a tin/vessel whose shape you want to give to your cake. Line the tin/vessel with either butter or oil. I have used oil since I am not a big fan of butter.
8. First steam the mixture for 10-15 mins on high flame.
9. Then steam it for another 10-15 mins on low flame.
10. Your steamed Biscuit Cake is ready!!
Allow the cake to cool before you take it out and place it on your plate.
If you wish. You can serve it the way it is. without any icing. It tastes good just like that as well and makes for a good tea time snack.
Since it is Christmas I decided to make some icing as well.
Icing On Cake:
For icing too, I used biscuits instead of the usual cream. Now here I have tried to give the cake an orangish taste. Bringing that taste is simple enough as well.
Take 6-10 biscuits of 'Sunfeast Orange Marie'. Grind them well in the mixie. Add a little bit of sugar and milk. Beat the mixture well. Your Orange Icing is ready!! You get the orange flavour which is not too strong, subtle and enough to add a great taste.
Now spread the icing on your cooled cake.
To add more chocolate flavour, you can simply mix more Hide & Seek biscuits, some Cocoa and milk and repeat the same procedure of mixing in the grinder and preparing the icing. You chocolate icing is ready. Pour it around the edges wherever you feel it will give desired effect.
For more decoration and effect, I have used grated Cadbury Chocolate, One Waffle and 3 Gems for decoration.
You can cool the cake in the refrigerator for sometime after which it is ready to be had!
All the icing and decoration part is completely optional and totally up to you. You can be creative and come up with your own ideas. Or enjoy the cake just by itself.
The cake is entirely vegetarian.
It is pretty simple enough to prepare. Just steam it and it's ready!
Hope you have a great holiday season and enjoy the festivies around you.
Do try this recipe and let me know if it works for you.
In case of any questions , please let me know in the comments below.
Dream. Imagine. Be Crazy. Be You.